Wednesday Wisdom

/
3 Comments
Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; 
   he turned to me and heard my cry. 
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
   out of the mud and mire; 
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, 
   a hymn of praise to our God. 
Many will see and fear 
   and put their trust in the LORD. 
4 Blessed is the man 
   who makes the LORD his trust, 
who does not look to the proud, 
   to those who turn aside to false gods.  
5 Many, O LORD my God, 
   are the wonders you have done. 
The things you planned for us 
   no one can recount to you; 
were I to speak and tell of them, 
   they would be too many to declare.
6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
   but my ears you have pierced; 
burnt offerings and sin offerings 
   you did not require. 
7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come-- 
   it is written about me in the scroll.
8 I desire to do your will, O my God; 
   your law is within my heart." 
9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; 
   I do not seal my lips, 
   as you know, O LORD. 
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; 
   I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. 
I do not conceal your love and your truth
   from the great assembly. 
11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
   may your love and your truth always protect me. 
12 For troubles without number surround me;
   my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. 
They are more than the hairs of my head, 
   and my heart fails within me. 
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; 
   O LORD, come quickly to help me. 
14 May all who seek to take my life 
   be put to shame and confusion; 
may all who desire my ruin 
   be turned back in disgrace. 
15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" 
   be appalled at their own shame. 
16 But may all who seek you 
   rejoice and be glad in you; 
may those who love your salvation always say,
   "The LORD be exalted!" 
17 Yet I am poor and needy; 
   may the Lord think of me. 
You are my help and my deliverer; 
   O my God, do not delay.


1.) What pit have you been lifted from or do you need to be lifted from?
2.) Do you trust God totally...for everything you have need of? Is there something you need to trust him for now?
3.)Have you figured out God's will for your life? (This is a tough one!) How do you know if you are living in his perfect will? 
4.) God is your deliverer! What do you need from him today!
5.) Thank Him for all He has done and all He will do! He loves you so much!





You may also like

3 comments:

2 Better than 1 said...

This is great it is always great to be lifted back up again.
Jeannie-2betterthan1but3wow.blogspot.com

Fawn said...

Kristi, these are pretty deep questions! I trust the Lord completely. Sometimes I give Him something and then take it back and then give it back and then take it back... But in all things my trust is in Him. I just need to break my bad habits of old...

Jennifer said...

Wow, how did I miss this post??? It's perfect!

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

BOOK KRISTI TO SPEAK

Looking for a speaker for your next coffee, luncheon, Bible study or retreat? Kristi speaks on a variety of topics including but not limited to:

Victorious Living: Overcoming Your Failures

Dreaming Big

Trusting God

Adoption Advocacy

Marriage

Kristi's delivery style is humorous and light, yet deep with meaning and full of God's Word. She is transparent about her own struggles and uses her everyday experiences to give women hope that they can wear a crown of beauty instead of ashes.

Email kristisinger6@gmail.com or Call 620-218-2797 for more information.
Or contact me here.

Background