Tuesday Tidbits

/
1 Comments
Why is temptation so hard to overcome?

This past week was so full of temptations...they were everywhere...

For a girl trying to cut sugars (and I don't mean kisses) out of her daily routine,
this time of year is truly difficult. All of my favorites...chocolate clusters, fudge, pies, fruit salads.

I stepped on the scales at my mother-in-laws and decided from the first day there, I had already blown it...so why not indulge. I tried to be good...honest...there were times I just couldn't help myself. Those peanut clusters were SCREAMING my name...every time I walked into the kitchen!! Since December 1st, I've only had one coke! THAT'S A MIRACLE!!! It's just all the other "eating" that seems to be hard to just say NO to!!

Paul talked about a "thorn in his flesh." (2 Cor. 12:7) I've always wondered what that was for him. Though I'm sure it's not important WHAT it was, some believe it to be a sickness, others believe it to be temptation...whatever your belief...it kept him close to God!

Matthew 26:41 says, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

God knew we would face them...Jesus gave us a way out. He faced all sorts of temptations...and overcame them. I'm not so great at that...at least that's the way I feel.

Sometimes, our temptations, like food...seem so small.
Sometimes though, we face larger than life temptations...making it near impossible to turn your heart and head away from.
It can be so unbearable at times...you feel like you can't breathe.

What temptations do you face?
Do you put yourself in a position (i.e.: in the kitchen) that makes it hard to turn away?
How much crying out to God do you do to keep yourself free from giving in to that temptation?

Whatever you face today! Turn to God...let Him help you overcome! He is able!


You may also like

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kristi. I needed to hear that today and everyday.

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

BOOK KRISTI TO SPEAK

Looking for a speaker for your next coffee, luncheon, Bible study or retreat? Kristi speaks on a variety of topics including but not limited to:

Victorious Living: Overcoming Your Failures

Dreaming Big

Trusting God

Adoption Advocacy

Marriage

Kristi's delivery style is humorous and light, yet deep with meaning and full of God's Word. She is transparent about her own struggles and uses her everyday experiences to give women hope that they can wear a crown of beauty instead of ashes.

Email kristisinger6@gmail.com or Call 620-218-2797 for more information.
Or contact me here.

Background