Five Minute Friday

/
1 Comments

The first Friday of the new year.
Let’s do it. Let’s just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.
For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Let your mind and your words and your heart fly free; wild – no editing, no over thinking.
Won’t you join me?
    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – don’t edit; don’t second-guess.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Must: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Roar…

Ok, have you ever wanted to yell something from the rooftops? You know, you're so excited about it...you want EVERYONE to know??!!

Have you ever been in that position and you CAN'T tell! You can't ROAR your news?! Stifling, isn't it??

You have really good...no, GREAT news, yet for some reason, you feel like someone has their hand over your mouth!

Think about a time when you needed to scream and couldn't! For instance, with my third son, Jordan, I wanted to scream during labor. And...I did. (I was doing this with no meds!) But it was the middle of the night and my husband sweetly leaned over to me and said, "Honey, can you NOT yell?" Besides the fact that I wanted to "sweetly" smack him...I understood. But, I explained, "I feel like I have a freight-train running through me. It starts at my feet and and comes out my mouth! And freight-trains aren't quiet!!"

I'm in this position right now. There are certain things I want to ROAR from the rooftops, but for various reasons, I can't. Or, I don't feel that I can.

Maybe God is teaching me something...that my ROAR doesn't have to be loud and obnoxious.
Maybe God's trying to teach me that I should just ROAR to Him.

He's always trying to teach me things...but...it rarely comes through a ROAR!
Maybe I should listen and learn...


You may also like

1 comment:

Create With Joy said...

Hi Kristi

I'm new to the 5 Minute Challenge - this is my first time participating - and I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your post!

I invite you to stop by and check out mine if you get a chance - I didn't realize until afterwards that we were supposed to write on the topic Roar - so I guess you'll get a laugh when you see what my topic is about!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

BOOK KRISTI TO SPEAK

Looking for a speaker for your next coffee, luncheon, Bible study or retreat? Kristi speaks on a variety of topics including but not limited to:

Victorious Living: Overcoming Your Failures

Dreaming Big

Trusting God

Adoption Advocacy

Marriage

Kristi's delivery style is humorous and light, yet deep with meaning and full of God's Word. She is transparent about her own struggles and uses her everyday experiences to give women hope that they can wear a crown of beauty instead of ashes.

Email kristisinger6@gmail.com or Call 620-218-2797 for more information.
Or contact me here.

Background