Saturday Segment

/
0 Comments
Introducing:


Several years ago, while working for a friend, I shared that some day I would like to write a book. One unsuspecting day, she came through the door and shared that she had been awakened in the middle of the night. and not able to go back to sleep she was reading and praying. She said she had received a divinely inspired idea on a book I should write. I thanked her and tucked it away. It was a great idea...but not one that I felt was one that I would ever really write. I really just had no desire to write it to be honest with you. 

The idea was based on the Scripture found in Ephesians 6: 10-18. It is a great subject, I just wasn't sure it was where I was headed. This year, I returned to school to obtain a Master's Degree. I began to see small puzzles of my life coming together. In all this, I read and wrote a project on Adoption/Orphan Care which is close to my heart. In doing so, time after time I came across these words, "it's war!" And so, I had a talk with God on the 4 hour drive home after the class. 'God, this is WAR!!' I had started feeling that writing a book would be a great idea...something I was supposed to do! As I wrestled with which idea to start with, I came across this one again. "But, God! This isn't something that 'fits' in my vision!" And He quickly brought me back to the Scripture. The subheading reads, "The Armor of God." 


War...Armor....War......Armor........War......... Are you getting the picture? The two go hand in hand! 


And so, over the next, well...few months...I will break down the passage...hoping to show how we women need the full armor of God in our lives because we are in a full-on battle. The devil comes like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour! This is WAR! If we're gonna fight for our marriages...our children...our God-given purpose of reaching others...we're gonna have to suit up! 


So, today's segment is just this...

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:10-18


I'll be back next week! With another Saturday Segment!


You may also like

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

BOOK KRISTI TO SPEAK

Looking for a speaker for your next coffee, luncheon, Bible study or retreat? Kristi speaks on a variety of topics including but not limited to:

Victorious Living: Overcoming Your Failures

Dreaming Big

Trusting God

Adoption Advocacy

Marriage

Kristi's delivery style is humorous and light, yet deep with meaning and full of God's Word. She is transparent about her own struggles and uses her everyday experiences to give women hope that they can wear a crown of beauty instead of ashes.

Email kristisinger6@gmail.com or Call 620-218-2797 for more information.
Or contact me here.

Background